Each day your child will begin with a short 5 question Warm Up covering material from the day before. This does two things. First, it's a quick check to let us know that they remember what they learned. Second, it helps their brain to switch gears into "math mode" getting them ready to learn.
Then it's time for the engaging video lesson taught by Alesia Blackwood, utilizing her unique style of breaking math concepts into bite-size chunks that are easier to understand & apply!
Next, we'll take them through 10 Practice Problem questions covering JUST what they learned in the video. After each question they view a complete solution so that they can compare their work to ours in case they missed a step, etc. If, after going through all 10 questions, they are ready to move ahead, GREAT. If not, they may open a NEW set of Practice Problems and we'll record their best effort for their grade. They can do this as many times as needed, we'll give them NEW questions each time!
After Practice Problems they move on to 10 Stay Sharp questions that cover material from previous lessons to make sure concepts are kept fresh and continously reinforced so that it makes it into long term memory.
We include a Challenge Yourself question that is a student favourite! It's a chance to earn "extra credit" and stretch their math skills for bonus points.
Each lesson also come with Reference Notes that may be printed or viewed online.
Quiz, Review, and Test
Every two or three days students complete a 5 question Quiz after the daily lesson, making sure they don't need to review a concept before moving on. Unit conclude with a Unit Review and a Unit Test and we also give you a Mid-term and a Final Review and Test.
Auto Grading & Detailed Reporting
You have access to Grades and more from your convenient Parent Dashboard. You may view each attempted assignment, when it was completed, how long was spent on it, and each score. You'll also receive a weekly email of your child's progress.
What Parents Like You Say...
"Our family uses this program and we have been so pleased with the results. Our daughter who struggled in math is now WANTING to do her math with UnLock Math, even on the weekends and over the holidays. Great program!" - Mark Lawrence, parent
“UnLock Math is a new program out of Canada, and it is WONDERFUL. It follows a very logical path, building one skill upon another. Each lesson is well constructed and communication from the creators when we need help is amazing.” - Lisa Wadley, parent
"UnLock Math has really taken the stress and frustration out of math instruction for my son! The program has taken difficult concepts and broken them down into easy to understand chunks. Our family looks forward to continuing our relationship with UnLock Math as our other 3 children reach Pre-Algebra level!" - Karlene McCoy, parent
- We know that some students need more practice to really "get it" while others are frustrated by programs that require "too much" practice. This is OK! UnLock Math is adaptible to YOUR child's individual needs.
- Does your child need more practice? No problem.
- Is your child ready to move forward? Go ahead.
- Your child will only see ONE question at a time. This helps to focus their attention and prevent them from being overwhelmed with a whole page of "math" that often causes anxiety.
- Your child will encounter questions that truly assess their understanding in ways that multiple choice simply can’t.
- Our adaptive questions guide your child through difficult concepts, effectively "teaching" them as they go through the questions.
- UnLock Math supports the use of standard mathematical notation in both the question text and student response. So your child can focus on their assignment, not the software.
- Your child is able to view feedback & fully explained solutions for each question. This feature is invaluable in helping your child discover where they "went wrong" in questions they answered incorrectly.
- Your child logs in to their personalized Dashboard
- They can see their progress at a glance.
- Choose their next lesson.
- View & Print their Progress Report that's updated in real time.
- Access their Gradebook that contains in-depth details of each completed assignment.
- Download a Pacing Guide.
- Your child has access to Complete Reference Notes for each lesson.
- Anytime Any Device access.
- At home or on the go, you can take UnLock Math wherever you have an internet connection.
- UnLock Math is GREAT for Home Educators! Use the included Pacing Guide to help you get started and then progress at your child's unique pace.
- All teaching, testing, and grading is done for you. View & Print a Progress Report anytime.
- We've included Quizzes, Unit Tests, Midterm, and a Final Exam so you always know how your child is retaining what they've learned!
- You can relax and leave teaching math to us!
- We have taken the stress and frustration out of math for you, we take care of everything!
- With UnLock Math your child can go straight to the topics they need help with, view the video lesson and then practice what they've learned!
- Your child receives immediate feedback and fully worked solutions to reinforce learning!
- For a fraction of the price of a personal tutor your child has 24/7 access to our program which is like having a math teacher right in your home!